Good to know

Information for foreign students!

Foreign students are obliged:

  1. A foreign student is obliged to come to International Relations Department immediately upon arrival and hand over the passport for formalization of temporary residence (stay).
  2. Documents for registration (extension) of temporary residence are handed over to International Relations Department 15 days before termination of current registration.
  3. Students studying at BTEU and temporarily residing (staying) in the Republic of Belarus are obliged to live only at the place of registration!
  4. When changing the place of temporary residence (stay) in the Republic of Belarus (upon obtaining permission from the University!). A student must first conclude a new residential lease agreement and only then bring a passport for re-registration.
  5. In case of leaving the city of Gomel, a foreign student is obliged to inform International Relations Department about his departure (by phone, via social networks, messengers).

In case of leaving the Republic of Belarus, a foreign student is obliged to write an application at International Relations Department.

In case of non-observance of the above mentioned obligations, the university has the right to submit an application to Citizenship and Migration Department for search and deportation of a foreign student.

  1. To apply for an exit visa a student must submit passport and necessary documents to the International Relations Department 15 days before expected date of departure.
  2. In case of dismissal from the university a student is obliged to leave the territory of the Republic of Belarus within 15 days from the date of release of dismissal order. Upon that, documents for visa/de-registration are to be submitted within 3 days after release of dismissal order!
  3. In case a foreign student has 5 administrative violations during calendar year, a foreign student is subject to deportation.

Upon arrival a foreign student is obliged!

  1. Within three days after arrival a foreign student is obliged come to International Relations Department of BTEU (office 3-28) for registration and submission of documents for education to admissions office (office 1-4). It is necessary to have passport, insurance for the entire period of study (if necessary) and documents in accordance with the list.
  2. To formalize a free temporary registration on central portal of electronic services (specialists of International Relations Department will help you with this). If registration on portal is not available, a student is obliged to pay state fee for temporary registration in the Republic of Belarus (a bank) and submit documents to International Relations Department.
  3. To get an application form for accommodation at admission office, check in and register at university dormitory.

(Until release of admission order to university, a foreign student pays for living in a dormitory on a daily basis – 7 Belarusian rubles).

  1. To get to student health office, provide a photocopy of medical certificate, HIV-negative certificate and a vaccination certificate obtained in the country of residence.
  2. To get a referral from a student health office to undergo a medical examination in a polyclinic in Gomel.
  3. To submit results of medical examination to student health office.
  4. To pass an interview for knowledge of the Russian language (if necessary).
  5. To conclude an agreement for education in admission office or at the faculty of qualification improvement and personnel retraining of the university.
  6. To pay tuition fees at Belinvestbank (university building) on the basis of education agreement.
  7. To submit copy of payment receipt to admission office and International Relations Department.
  8. To come to International Relations Department with passport and payment receipt of state fee for formalization of annual residence permit.
  9. To come to dean’s office of faculty and start studies.